Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Florida residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WPEC viewing area, are an existing user of Facebook, and are engaged and planning to marry by September 30, 2014. The DMA consists of the following counties: Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WPEC (the “Station”), PGA Resort, Hamilton Jewelers, Dalsimer Florist, Molle Bridals, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry accepted per couple. An entrant who is otherwise a winner may be disqualified if they are found to have entered the contest more than once under separate e-mail accounts.
2. Log onto www.cbs12.com or the Station’s Facebook page located at facebook.com/cbs12news, or the Sponsor’s Facebook page located at facebook.com/PGAresort. Click “Like” to access the Upickem contest link to register. Complete the online entry form with your name, email address, age, upload a photo of yourself and/or your fiancé, and a 150 word description of why you want to spend the rest of your life with your fiancé. Picture must be in jpg, png, or gif format and be no larger than 10MB. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the picture submitted, (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at http://cbs12.com/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
4. The contest starts on April 29, 2013 and ends on May 21, 2013. All entries must be received by Station by 12:00 AM EDT on May 8, 2013 to qualify for the initial judging. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
5. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of five (5) judges comprised of Station personnel and staff at PGA National Resort based on the following criterion: 50% romance, and 50% creativity. On May 9, 2013 the judges will determine five (5) finalists based on the score for the criterion set forth above. The decisions of the judges shall be final.
6.As a condition of participating as a finalist and to be eligible to win, each of the five (5) finalist couples must agree to appear on CBS 12 News This Morning at PGA National Resort & Spa at an assigned time between Monday May 13, 2013 and Friday May 17, 2013 between the hours of 4:30 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., and again on May 22, 2013 between the hours of 4:30am and 7:00am for the winner announcement.
7.Between May 17, 2013 at 7:00AM and May 21, 2013 at 7:00AM, viewers will be asked to vote online at cbs12.com for his/her favorite finalist’s essay. Voting is limited to one vote per IP address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes. On May 21, 2013, the Station will determine one (1) grand prize winner based on the essay entry with the most valid votes. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, or any other activity that artificially inflates such finalists votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
8.The grand prize winner will be notified live on air on CBS12 News This Morning on Wednesday May 22, 2013. Winner must be present to win.
9.Refusal by any finalist couple or the grand prize winning couple to appear on-air will result in disqualification. In such event, another finalist or grand prize winner may be determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion.
10.All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a Great Wedding Giveaway prize package, to be held at PGA National Resort & Spa. The Wedding Prize Package contains Wedding reception including food and non-alcoholic beverages for up to fifty (50) guests at the PGA Resort valued at $10,000 ($7,500 for the reception and $2,500 location site fee), Champagne toast for the wedding ($500), Select PGA house wine ($1,000), two (2) nights hotel accommodations at the PGA Resort for ten (10) guests (five (5) rooms, double occupancy) valued at ($3,000 ), Bridal Suite three (3) night stay, valued at $2,500, , five (5) $200 Spa Gift Certificates from the PGA Resort valued at $1,000, four (4) rounds of golf at PGA National Resort & Spa, valued at $1,000, hair and makeup for bride and 3 bridesmaids ($1,000 value), a his and her wedding band from Hamilton Jewelers valued at $1,000, one (1) Bridal Gown from Molle Bridals valued at $1,000, Flowers from Dalsimer Florist valued at $3,000, Wedding Cake for 50 persons valued at $1,000, disc jockey for reception or one hour trio (value of $1,000), and a photography and video package valued at $3,000. The total Wedding Prize Package is valued at $30,000.00 in prize certificates (no cash value). Winner will be responsible for paying all tax and service charges associated with the reception, currently estimated at $2,332. Hotel accommodations do not include any gratuities, other meals, transportation, or any other expenses. Winner is responsible for selections with each applicable prize provider and may be subject to availability. Wedding must be booked a minimum of four weeks in advance of wedding date, and based upon resort availability. Wedding cannot take place from December 23, 2013- March 31, 2014 and must be used prior to September 30, 2014. No cash value. No cash value for unused portions of prize certificates. Additional services and people can be added to the above, at an additional cost to the winner.
2. Finalists will be notified by phone. Winner will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winner must provide their correct name, email address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. The winner may be required to sign additional forms as required by certain prize providers.
3. If the winner does not attend the live announcement at PGA National Resort & Spa, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be determined by the Station as the finalist with the next highest number of valid votes.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 1100 Fairfield Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33407.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1100 Fairfield Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33407 by May 31, 2103. Prize winners will be listed on the contest website. Official rules are available on the station’s website at www.cbs12.com and 1100 Fairfield Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33407.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The Company and any local sponsors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5.This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Communications, LLC, PGA Resort, Hamilton Jewelers, Dalsimer Florist, Molle Bridals, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Facebook, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
6. The Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. The Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates at any time and in its sole discretion.
8. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
9.Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.